Website Use Terms
(1) China Ventures Limited, whose registered office is at Common Farm, Common Lane, Mappleborough Green, Warwickshire, B80 7DR, UK. (‘We’, ‘Us’)
Together ‘Party’, ‘Parties’.
A) We are a leading global strategy consultancy focusing on developing Inter-country business and particularly business with China.
B) You are either a visitor to our Website (defined below), or have registered via our Website to access various information We include on the Website including information relating to our services and the Opportunities (defined below).
C) In displaying the Opportunities on the Website, if You have registered via our Website, it is necessary for Us to collect certain data relating to You. These terms set out the basis upon which any personal data we collect from You, or that You provide to Us, will be processed by Us. You agree to the collection by Us of such data in accordance with these terms.
D) We set out below the terms between You and Us under which You may access our Website.
Definitions and interpretation
These terms apply to all registered users of, and visitors to, our Website.
Act: the Data Protection Act 1998.
Opportunities: The making available by Us via the Website of preliminary information relating to various business opportunities which We are associated with.
Website: the website at the URL: www.chinaventuresltd.com operated by Us which displays outline information in relation to the Opportunities
Your use of our Website means that You accept, and agree to abide by, these terms.
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses or any other harmful programs or computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website.
- Not to interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our Website or any equipment or network on which our Website is stored or any software used in the provision of our Website; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Website, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
Where We do provide any interactive service, We will provide clear information to You about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution you make as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from Us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
For the purpose of the Act, We are the Data Controller. We shall keep any data You provide to Us via the Website confidential.
If you are a registered user of our Website, We may collect and process the following data about You:
- Information that You provide by filling in the registration form on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask You for information when providing any services to You.
- If You contact Us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that You access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
If you are a registered user of our Website, the data that We collect from You may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of any services We provide to You, and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, You agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with these terms.
All information You provide to Us is stored on our secure servers. Where We have given You (or where you have chosen) a password which enables You to access certain parts of the Website, You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
If you are a registered user of our Website We use information held about You in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for You and for your computer;
- To provide You with information, products or services that You request from Us or which We feel may interest You, where You have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between You and Us;
- To allow You to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify You about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
If you are a registered user of our Website We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If China Ventures Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its registered users will be one of the transferred assets.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms through your use of our Website. When a breach of these terms has occurred, We may take such action as We deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with these terms constitutes a material breach of the terms upon which You are permitted to use our Website, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by You to our Website.
- Issue of a warning to You.
- Legal proceedings against You for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against You.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as We reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms. The responses described in these terms are not limited, and We may take any other action We reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to these terms
We may revise these terms at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes We make, as they are legally binding on You. Some of the provisions contained in these terms may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Website.